September 25 - another Saturday work party that included removing the floor from the cabin. We've got to treat for termites, put down a vapor barrier, etc, to pass inspection, and it appears ripping the whole floor out was the best option, particularly since the logs all around the base of the cabin were rotten and/or eaten.
We found some especially gross things under the floor - mainly mummified cat carcasses - evidently it was a popular place to die. And, I did take pictures, but...ewww. We have found a few interesting things, but that's for a separate post...
We received a load of stone to replace the bottom logs...
They've made a stone foundation on both sides (above) and Jay installed a big fat steel beam across the front log, below the door, as well as rods from the front to the back to keep the walls square.
In the meantime, they've put up most of the insulation.
And, no, those aren't urinals on the floor.
In other news, another huge branch fell off the tree, once again missing my potting shed, by mere inches.
Oh, and ...
Llamas! Not mine, but still cute!
p.s. - I don't know who this lady is, but if she sees her picture on my blog and wants me to take it down, I will.